This article on “How Long Does Xanax Stay In Your System” is from the perspective of those individuals that are concerned with Xanax and how it relates to drug testing. Many individuals reviewing this article will be most concerned with the outcome of an impending drug test. Our 20+ years of experience have made us Experts with helping tens of thousands of individuals just like you through this stressful time. You are in good hands with Always Test Clean.
Xanax As A Prescription Drug. Xanax (Alprazolam) is a Benzodiazepine that affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with anxiety. Xanax is used to treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders and anxiety caused by depression. Xanax has been a life-altering prescription drug for many, freeing them to live a more active life. Between 2005 and 2013, Xanax was the top prescribed drug in America. To that end, the more common Xanax use has become, so has Xanax abuse and addiction. Xanax is a Schedule IV controlled substance as are any Benzodiazepines.
Contrary To What You Might Read, There Is No Single Fixed Time That Xanax Will Stay In Your System. There is no single fixed “Xanax Detection Time”. There are just too many factors that can and will affect your Xanax drug test detection time.
Answers To Common Questions For Xanax Drug Tests. Over the year’s customers are always asking us question on Xanax drug testing. At the bottom of this article, we have included the Most Common Xanax Drug Testing Questions. Do not forget to take a look at these questions you might not have even known to ask.
The Time Xanax Will Stay In Your System Depends On Many Factors:
- Everyone’s Xanax Detection Time Is Different. The time Xanax will stay in your system can vary substantially from person to person based upon many external factors of Xanax testing and partly on your own “Personal Factors“.
- Xanax Will Stay In Your System For Different Times For Each Type Of Drug Test. Each drug test is based upon a sample from a different body source such as your urine, hair, saliva or blood. Each of these tests has its own unique weaknesses in which you can take advantage and its own unique strengths that you must avoid.
Learn About The Drug Test You Will Face. Urine Drug Test Saliva Drug Test Hair Drug Test Blood Drug Test
- Your Xanax Detection Times Can Vary With The Sensitivity Of The Drug Test. Some drug tests are designed to be more sensitive to Xanax detection than others. This could result in a somewhat longer or shorter detection time. There is no real standardization of Xanax test sensitivity outside government ordered drug tests.
- The Time Xanax Will Stay In Your System Is Cumulative. Your use of Xanax is cumulative. Any Xanax you use during your “Xanax Detection Window” will add to the time Xanax will be detectable.
- Long Term Or Habitual Xanax Use. Xanax Is A Benzodiazepine. Any long term or chronic use of any Benzodiazepine can result in a drug detection time up to 6 weeks for a urine drug test.
Every One's Personal Factors Are Different. There are many factors you, as an individual, bring to the table for how long Xanax will stay in your system. These are called your "Personal Factors" and everyone's personal factors are different. Your Xanax detection time can also change over time just as you do. Some personal factors can add the length of your Xanax detection time. Some will make its detection shorter.
No One Can Really Tell How These Personal Factors Will Affect Your Xanax Detection Times. This is why no one should, or can, give an exact time as far as the detection on how long Xanax will stay in your system. This is also why Always Test Clean provides the maximum drug detection times in our projections. The maximum detection times are the safest if you want to pass a drug test with confidence.
Some Personal Factors You Should Consider:
- Your Amount and Frequency of Xanax Use. Xanax will stay in your system for a shorter period after a single use versus that for a longer term or habitual user.
- Your Stress Levels. Your stress level can also influence how long Xanax will stay in your system. The more stress you are under the longer Xanax tends to stay in your system.
- Your Metabolic Rate. The slower body metabolism, the longer the Xanax will stay in your system. The faster your metabolism, the shorter Xanax will stay in your system.
- Your Body Mass (Primarily Body Fat Content). Your body stores excess Xanax metabolites in your fast growing cells like hair and nails, but mostly in your body fat cells. Over time these Xanax metabolites leak out of your fat cells back into your system where they are again detectable. The more fat cells you have the longer the potential time Xanax will stay in your system. The less fat cells, the shorter time Xanax could potentially stay in your system.
- Your Physical Activity. Xanax will stay in your system longer if you are physically inactive with a high percentage of body fat. Active individuals with low body fat could have a shorter Xanax detection time when compared to a normal individual.
- Your Age. In general, a human metabolism slows with age. Xanax will stay in your system longer as you get older and your metabolism slows.
- Your Overall Health. Human metabolism slows during periods of bad health. Your health can somewhat affect how long Xanax will stay in your system.
- Any Other Medical Conditions. Some medical conditions can lengthen or shorten the time Xanax will stay in your system. An example is a medical condition with your kidneys or liver. These types of medical conditions could lengthen or shorten the time Xanax will stay in your system. No one can tell which way it will go without extensive diagnosis.
- Your Personal Genetics. Genetically, some people are predisposed to shorter Xanax detection times. This is because of Drug Metabolizing Enzyme CYP2D6 as documented by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry. Some people have less of this enzyme and some have more causing differences in how long Xanax will stay in your system.
We Have Answers To The Questions You Do Not Even Know To Ask.
Over the last 20 years, Always Test Clean has been expertly answering questions on all kinds of drug tests and drug testing from people just like you. Below, we have published some of the most common questions for Xanax drug tests, as well as how to how to flush Xanax out of your system quickly and without detection.
- Is Xanax A Benzodiazepine? Xanax is the trade name for Alprazolam. Alprazolam is a Benzodiazepine.
- Does Xanax Show Up On A Drug Test? Xanax (Alprazolam) is often on drug tests for urine, saliva, hair or blood. Being one usually does not know which type of drug test one faces; it is best to assume that Xanax will be on your drug test.
- Does Xanax Show Up On A 5 Panel Drug Test? Benzodiazepines typically does do not show up on a 5 panel drug test. The usual drugs on a 5 panel drug test are:
- Amphetamines (Methamphetamine (mAMP))
- Cannabinoids (THC)
- Cocaine (C0C)
- Opiates (Opium, Codeine, Heroin, Morphine)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
However, most common drug tests given today may also include the following drugs. You never know which ones will be on your specific drug test, so it is best to assume they all will be.
- Barbiturates (BAR)
- Benzodiazepines (BZO)
- Buprenorphine (BUP)
- Fentanyl (FEN)
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Methadone (MTD)
- Oxycodone (OXY)
- Propoxyphene (PPX)
- Synthetic Marijuana (K2)
- Tramadol (TRA)
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA)
- Will Alprazolam Show Up On A Drug Test? No, Alprazolam will just show up as a Benzodiazepine. Alprazolam can not be identified specifically on a drug test.
- How Long Does 1 Xanax Stay In Your System? If you take one Xanax, you must assume it should show up on all drug tests.
- How Long Does .25mg, 1mg, 2mg Or 4 mg Of Xanax Stay In Your System? Any amount of Xanax taken should show up on any drug test.
- Does Xanax And Klonopin Test The Same? Yes. A drug test can not tell the difference between Xanax, Klonopin or any other Benzodiazepine.
- Is Xanax And Valium The Same On A Drug Test? Yes. A drug test can not tell the difference between Xanax, Valium or any other Benzodiazepine.
- How To Pass A Drug Test For Xanax? The answer to this question depends on which drug test you are facing. Each drug test is based upon a sample from a different body source such as your urine, hair, saliva or blood. Each of these tests has its own unique weaknesses in which you can take advantage and its own unique strengths that you must avoid.
|Learn About The Drug Test You Will Face.|
|How To Pass A Urine Drug Test||How To Pass A Saliva Drug Test|
|How To Pass A Hair Drug Test||How To Pass A Blood Drug Test|
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Xanax? The manufacturers of drug test kits universally suggest publicly that a false positive for Xanax is a rare occurrence and is almost never caused by their products. However, if you dig hard enough, these same manufacturers all seem to have peer only publications called “Cross Reaction Guides“. For more information see "What Can Cause A False Positive For Xanax" or see "List Of Xanax Cross Reactants".
- How To Get Xanax Out Of Your System Fast? There are just 4 ways to get Xanax out of your system.
- Wait Until Your Body Clears The Drugs Naturally. (This will not work the Hair Follicle Test.)
- Trust Your Fate To Urban Legends Or Home Remedies.
- Use The Right Products To Detox For A Drug Test.
- Don’t Do Drugs.
- If you are in a hurry and want the safest way to get Xanax out of your system fast, you must use a quality detox product. In our experience, the following are the industry leaders to remove Xanax for each type of drug test.
What Are The Best Xanax Detox Products? Best Product For A Urine Drug Test Best Product For A Saliva Drug Test Best Product For A Hair Drug Test Best Product For A Blood Drug Test
- Where Can You Get A Xanax Drug Test Kit? For the most part Xanax drug test kits are available to the consumer. The exception is the blood drug test in which the blood specimen must be collected by a health care provider. The urine drug test kits and the saliva drug test kits are readily available from various sources and can provide a pass / fail conclusion in a few minutes. The hair drug test kit requires on to take a hair sample and send that sample off to a lab for processing and a pass / fail conclusion.
- What Is The Best Xanax Detox Drink? Xanax Detox Drinks are only used to detox for a urine or blood drug test. They are not effective to detox for the saliva or hair drug tests. There are two industry leaders when it comes to Xanax detox drinks. They are both from Detoxify and are targeted at different Xanax use levels. According to the manufacturer, for maximum effectiveness they also must include a 24 - 48 hour precleanse. Make sure you purchase a precleanse product with any Xanax detox drink.
- Is Alprazolam A Benzodiazepine? Yes, Alprazolam is a Benzodiazepine and will show up as a Benzodiazepine on a drug test.
- Is An At Home Xanax Drug Test Reliable? Yes. All the commercially available Xanax at home drug tests are reliable if they are administered correctly and are not out of date.
We Are The Experts You Can Trust. The definition of an expert is someone having special skills or knowledge derived from training or experience. In our 20 years in business, we have sold 125,000 products to over 100,000 customers. During this period many competitors have come and gone. We are still here and helping people, just like you, on their journey to successful detoxification for a drug test.
Have A Question, Give Our Experts A Try.
Last Updated On